Vasantotsav
Vasantotsav is the tribute to the Musical Maestro Dr. Vasantrao Deshpande. Vasantotsav has had a phenomenal track record of 25 years since it was first presented by the Vasantrao Deshpande Pratishthan in 1985. Dr. Vasantrao Deshpande’s grandson & a youth icon, well known classical singer Rahul Deshpande decided to take it on larger scale. For last 5 years Vasantotsav is a great event with performances of renown artists such as Ustad Zakir Hussain, Shankar Mahadevan, Abida Parveen, Ustad Shahid Parvez & many others with almost 7 to 9 thousand audience ever year.I’m feel myself lucky to be a volunteer in the team which makes this event a success. Vasantotsav 2012 was my 4th Vasantotsav. In these 4 years of volunteering I’ve made more than 100-120 friends. Every year I get to learn many things. Its a great experience working in different places & facing different situations.
Now that Vasantotsav 2012 is over, I’m missing all the preparations, meetings, discussions, everything we did together for last 2-3 months. 80 people working/studying in various fields coming together to make 3 days of fabulous show.
Everyone is back to his/her usual routine but surely everyone felt ” What the hell I’m gonna do this Saturday evening with no volunteers’ meet ?? ” Everyone is now waiting for the SMS announcing a meeting for next Vasantotsav…oh wait, we gotta have a party for this year’s event…and we’ll meet for sure in between, say at Roopali for a coffee ;-)
I hope I’ll get a chance to be part of this fabulous team for all coming Vasantotsavs events..till then enjoy this small piece of Vasantotsav 2012
Vasantotsav 21012 - Niladri Kumar

No comments:
Post a Comment